Dilantin (Phenytoin) is used for treating certain types of seizures and preventing and treating seizures during surgery of the nervous system.
Category: General Health
Active substance: Phenytoin
Delivery to: USA
Oct 28th - Nov 06th (9-18 working days) by Airmail
Oct 24th - Oct 31st (5-12 working days) by EMS
Dilantin (Phenytoin) is used for treating certain types of seizures and preventing and treating seizures during surgery of the nervous system. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Use Dilantin as directed by your doctor.
- Take this medication exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Follow the directions on your prescription label.
- Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body.
- Do not crush, chew, break, or open an extended-release capsule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Dilantin. Drug Class and Mechanism.
Dilantin is an anticonvulsant. It works by slowing abnormal nerve impulses in the brain that cause seizures.
If you miss a dose of Dilantin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store Dilantin at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Protect from freezing. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Dilantin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Do not use Dilantin if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Dilantin;
- you have an abnormally slow heartbeat or a certain type of irregular heartbeat (eg, heart block, Adams-Stokes syndrome).
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of Dilantin, and can also increase your risk of seizure.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Dilantin before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Proper dental care is important while you are taking Dilantin. Brush and floss your teeth and visit the dentist regularly.
- Diabetes patients - Dilantin may affect your blood sugar. Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
- Lab tests, including Dilantin serum levels, may be performed while you use Dilantin. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Hormonal birth control (eg, birth control pills) may not work as well while you are using Dilantin. To prevent pregnancy, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms).
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Dilantin has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Dilantin while you are pregnant. Dilantin is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Dilantin.
Possible Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- confusion; dizziness; drowsiness; nausea; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); abnormal muscle movements; back and forth eye movements; blurred or double vision; chest pain; clumsiness or unsteadiness; fever or sore throat; irregular heartbeat; joint pain; pain, swelling, or tenderness of the lymph nodes; rash; severe stomach pain; shaky movements; slurred speech; staggering walk; swollen or tender gums; unusual bruising or bleeding; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Dilantin is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
Your order will be packed safely and secure and dispatched within 24hours. THis is how your parcel will look like, the images are photographs of real shipments. It has the size of a normal protected envelope and it does not disclose its contents.